It’s official – we’ve passed the Equinox and spring is finally starting to break through! The days are getting longer, brighter and warmer, and that has many of us itching to get out into the garden. Whether you’re looking to make your space beautiful ready for the coming warmer months, or you’re a fan of edible treats fresh from the veggie patch, there’s a lot of work to do. So why not organise your to-do list with a gardener’s calendar, complete with your jobs organised by month?
We’ve created a downloadable template for you to use. It’s a convenient way to keep track of your jobs and can be customised with your own favourite photographs. One of the great things about a CEWE Photo Calendar is that you can choose any start month you like. So there’s no need to wait until January to treat yourself!
There are two calendars to choose from, one geared to you lovers of beautiful blooms and a harvest calendar, for those of you who can’t get enough of fresh-from-the-garden fruit and vegetables. These calendars are fully customizable
How to create your gardeners’ calendar
- First, you’ll need to download our CEWE Design Software. It’s completely free, and easy to use.
- Next, download our ready-made template. There are two to choose from; flowers or veggies. Simply click your desired calendar style to download a zip file.
- When your file has downloaded, it will appear in the downloads bar at the bottom of your screen. Click it to open, and select “Extract all files”.
- You should now be able to access the MCF file and the images. The lower file with the red and white icon is the MCF file, which is compatible with our software. Double click it, and the file will automatically be opened in the CEWE Design Software on your computer.
- Now, you can customise your calendar. Clicking the text icon will turn your cursor into a cross-shape. Use this to drag a text box in your desired size over any area of the calendar. It’s an easy way to ensure your text fits in the desired space on the template.
- Now add your text. Here, we’ve used Bonita in a size 26, which fits very neatly with the spacing on the lines. However, there are plenty more fonts in the CEWE Software to choose from, so feel free to experiment and see if you can find a font you prefer.
Tip: We have created this calendar in True Matte Paper. This paper type is easy to write on with a pen, should you wish to add extra notes to your calendar after it’s been printed. If you would like to change the paper type, click the “Change product details” button in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen, and select a new paper type from the drop-down menu.
- You’ll notice that each page of your calendar has an additional space to add your own photographs. Photos of your garden from previous years would look lovely and are a fun way to get yourself feeling inspired to head outdoors. To add photographs to your calendar, simply click “Photos & Videos” on the left-hand tab, and drag your chosen photograph into the image box. The software will automatically fit your image to the box, but you can change the size and shape of by dragging the edges of the image box if you wish.
And you’re done! Add your new calendar to your basket and check out as normal. Your calendar should be with you in around seven working days, giving you just enough time to order some seeds and start prepping those flower beds.