You’ve had an amazing holiday with those who mean the most to you and it all seems to be over in the blink of an eye. However, look on the bright side – you now have a camera roll filled with happy smiles and even happier memories.
Don’t let them sit on your camera any longer! We conducted a survey as part of our Best of Britain campaign that revealed 46% of us neglect our holiday photos, so we want to show you how quick and easy it is to make something special once you’re home (and extend that holiday feeling…)
Create a Photo Book
A CEWE PHOTOBOOK is the best way to have your holiday memories creatively packaged in the palm of your hand.
Whether you’ve embarked on a luxurious honeymoon to Santorini or decided to enjoy a family staycation in Scarborough, a photo book allows you to preserve your memories for generations to come.
With 6 Paper Types (including Gloss Photographic Paper and Matte Photographic Paper) 5 Covers and 9 Sizes to choose from, there’s a CEWE PHOTOBOOK for everyone. Regardless of the combination you choose, we can guarantee an amazing product for displaying your gorgeous photographs, without sacrificing a single inch of detail.
Make Your Own Gallery Wall
What is a Gallery Wall?
A gallery wall is a dedicated space that is filled with your favourite prints, treasured photographs and complementary artwork. They’re one of the best ways to show who we are and what we love when it comes to our interior design.
People are often deterred from creating their own gallery wall as they have no idea where to start or what to feature. A great way to create a collection that looks considered and aesthetically pleasing is to use your holiday photos.
To get started, sift through your archive and choose your favourite photos – then get ready to relive your holiday on the walls of your home.
Top Tips for Your Holiday Gallery Wall
- Depending on the size of your space, pick an even number if you plan on a symmetrical, balanced design, or an odd number for a more relaxed layout. Combinations that work the best are 2, 3 and 5 and multiples of those – for example 2×2, 2×3 and 3×3.
- Play around with orientation – a combination of both portrait and landscape prints creates a feature wall with extra presence. If you want to see how this will look on your wall, lay them out on a flat surface and play around with the positioning.
- There are two main methods to make a cohesive ‘eclectic’ gallery wall.
- In pencil, draw a horizontal line and place all of your pictures above and below the line. You can decide to mirror different sizes above and, possibly, below the line. If you’re after a simple design, you can choose to place them next to each other along the line too.
- Make a square and fill it with assorted sizes of pictures while maintaining the outside line of the square.
- If you have a stand out image you want to draw attention to, centre it then place the others images around it. Did you take a particularly impressive beach photo or cityscape? Or maybe you managed to get the whole family in one photo?
Our Framed Photo Prints are the perfect product for creating a gallery wall with your holiday photos. Printed on premium quality semi-gloss paper for brilliant colour brightness and vibrancy, our framed prints not only offer excellent quality, they are also UV resistant to ensure a long and happy life. To make sure you nail it first time round, we have a blog post on How to Hang a Picture Perfectly, Every Time that you may find handy.
If you want to read more about the magic of gallery walls, head over to our guest blog by Antonia Schmitz.
Design a Collage Canvas
Can’t choose between a holidays worth of memories to print? A Collage Print is a great way to collate your favourite photos without having to pick just the one.
With a wide range of layouts to choose from, you can create your new Collage Canvas Print online or with our downloadable software. Experiment with a wide range of layouts and add details such as text and Clipart to create a work of wall art that’s personalised to you and your holiday. Choose from Square, Portrait and Landscape orientations to turn a blank canvas into memories that will last a lifetime.
Take a Little Bit With You
Making the most of your holiday photos isn’t just confined to adorning your walls. There’s a wide range of products that will allow you to personalise your everyday items with once-in-a-lifetime memories.
Desktop Acrylic Print
When we’re not on holiday (or looking forward to one!) we’re at our desks – but that doesn’t mean that you can’t have a little piece of your holiday with you. Keep those treasured memories of your last adventure close with a Desktop Acrylic Print.
Personalised Phone Cases
Our phones are always in our hands, so make sure it has a phone case that keeps it protected and looking great at the same time. Our range of Personalised Phone Cases are available for both iPhone and Samsung and will always be unique to you. Plus, who wouldn’t appreciate a reminder of your last holiday to add a smile to your day?
There’s nothing quite like a shiny new print! Our Retro Prints allow you to add your own text for that extra bit of personalisation. With tons of frame styles and photo filters, available in a matte or glossy finish, you can choose to print 16, 24 or 32 of your holiday photos – all presented in a delightful gift box.
Over To You…
We’ve provided six ways to make the most of your holiday photos – now, all it takes is a few clicks to bring your memories to life. Until the next holiday is booked, you can rely on our high quality printing products to maintain that holiday feeling. Bon Voyage!