Did you know that your iPhone has a pretty fancy feature that lets you take time-lapse videos? Cool right? If you have an iPhone 4S or later, running iOS 8 or above, then you’ve got everything you need to capture a timelapse!
To help you get started, here’s a quick guide to how it’s done.
- Launch the Camera app on your iPhone.
- Select time-lapse mode by swiping all the way to the right.
- Tap the record button to begin your time-lapse.
- Capture as much footage as you like, bearing in mind that most time-lapse videos will be 20 to 40 seconds long, regardless of how long you record for.
- Hit the record button again to stop your video.
Ta-dah! You’ve taken a time-lapse!
Tips for Taking a Better Time-Lapse
Here are our top tips for taking a truly terrific time-lapse.
Your time-lapse will work best if your phone is still, so use a tripod or lean your phone against something to keep it steady. This will also help to prevent aching arms when you’re recording for a while!
Choose a Good Subject
A time-lapse is the perfect way to capture the contrast between still and moving objects, constant movement (recording out the window whilst travelling in the car), or things that change slowly over time (like a sunrise or sunset).
The best way to capture an awesome time-lapse is to just have a play with the feature and see what you can create! Setting your iPhone up to record at a party is always a great way to capture the festivities.
Watch Out for Battery Life
Your time-lapse won’t take up as much phone memory as a conventional video, but filming a time-lapse will use up your phone’s battery quite quickly. Keep an eye on your battery, especially if you’re out and about without access to a charger!View All Blog Posts